'Nature has a conspiracy. It conspires to feed, clothe, house and heal us and itself, despite mankind's best attempts to thwart it'
Unfortunately I was uneducated. I researched on the Internet, purchased books and magazines, but I made many mistakes that cost him dearly. I simply didn't know enough.
In 2006 after one too many vaccines bombarding his weak little body, in only a short period of time he regressed. From a chatting, happy, alert 18 month old, he became someone we didn't know. He stopped talking, stopped laughing, stopped smiling, stopped looking at us, stopped interacting. He began to have minor seizures.
We saw a neurologist and the news was not good. They diagnosed him with seizures and PDD (a form of autism). I knew this was not my boy. These changes were not a 'part' of him, some kind of fault in his genetic make up - they were, as far as I was concerned, separate entities running around his cells that did not belong and they were affecting his body's ability to do what it naturally should do. For him these things came from;
* the GMO and pesticide-filled corn oil they pumped into his stomach while he was in the NICU to help him gain weight (knowing what I know now I would have removed the doctors recommendation from his beside and replace it with organic flaxseed/olive or coconut oils, which would do the same job whilst nourishing his body and causing no toxic load).
* The BPA coated bottles he drank from until he was 3 years old (he also had growth restriction for the first few years and the only way to get food into him was via bottle for a long time)
* The numerous vaccines he was given (the recommended vaccines and dosages including fluvax until he was 2 years old) His body was so tiny at birth and through 5 years of age they simply couldn't cope with the load of these vaccines. For instance Hepatitas Vac is given at birth. Assuming a 'normal' newborn weighs 7.5 lbs, and this vaccine is measured based on this average. My son was 1lb 11oz. This is about 5 times more vaccine than was necessary (and than his body could handle).
* Blood transfusion. My son had a complete blood transfusion a few days after birth. Assuming (and this is a pretty safe assumption) that this persons blood had already been vaccinated, he was then getting double vaccinations from every one we gave him.
* The microwaved foods I was giving him. Microwaves change the genetic structure and makeup of foods and our bodies do not recognize it. Thus the nutritional value is not sourced by our bodies and to add insult to injury, the plastic wrap and its poisons that we use on these foods cause cancers and other hormonal disruptions.
* The non-organic, pesticide-ridden, GMO filled, steroid loaded foods I was giving him day after day.
* The plastic toys, games, cups, polyester clothing, chemically laden bath soaps and shampoos, moisturisers and bedding that I used with him.
* The concoction of drugs we gave him including reglan for reflux, prevacid for reflux, nystatin for thrush, steroids for his lungs, benadryl for allergies, antibiotics for all manner of infections.
All these things add up to a huge toxic load that an already immune-compromised little body could not take and I needed to get them out.
I ramped up my research and began to find highly qualified MD's who were also trained in Homeopathy and Naturopathy. I worked tirelessly with them to cleanse his system of toxic chemicals and replace much-needed vitamins and get back my boy. 2 years later he was given a clean bill of health. No more seizures, no more autism. The doctors at the children's hospital were stunned. They simply thought they had 'made a mistake' with their last diagnosis. I knew better.
Today my son is 7 years old and is happy, healthy and on par with other children his age. It was a long, uphill battle but we got there. I wont pretend the changes happened overnight. We let nature heal him. We used no prescriptions or over the counter drugs. Vitamins (lots of them), diet changes, probiotics, organic eating and wherever possible, having him sleeping on and clothed in, organic products. These are the only changes we made to recover our son. No drugs, no therapies. Nothing the modern world had to offer us.
These are some of the changes you need to make, to fully reach your potential.
* Treat our food sources with respect, water and fertilize our plants, don't cover them with pesticides. Give our chickens, pigs and cows pasture to roam in and don't fill them with antibiotics and steroids, don't feed them GMO foods.
* Don't eat manufactured foods. High Fructose Corn Syrup is not the same as sugar, and will not treat your body kindly. White, processed sugar is not the same as raw, unprocessed sugar or cane sugar in its natural form.
* Drugs very rarely offer a cure. The most often treat the symptom/s but not the cause. Visit a naturopath/homeopath/acupuncturist/reflexologist/kinesiologist today and give it a chance to work. You may be very, very surprised! I began studying for degrees in Naturopathy, Homeopathy and Western Chinese Medicine and have been astounded at the changes these modes made to my family's health.
Start small but on something that has a big impact. Buy all your dairy products with no RBH, no hormones, no steroids. Buy organic if you can - its the 'gold label' for health. Then move onto your fruits and vegetables. Organic, organic, organic.
If you cant do that, buy items labeled 'sustainable' or 'eco' or labeled with no artificial additives, preservatives, colors - they will most certainly be better for your body and your mind. If it's better for the earth, its better for you. Your body will thank you for these decisions, I promise you.
Most of the products I recommend on this site I have used myself, purchased with my own money for my family. If there is something I haven't tried but that reviews very well I may mention it, but I will state clearly that I have not tried it. I will also very clearly state if for any reason I have been sent a product for review and will only ever do fair and impartial reviews. I have signed the 'Blog With Integrity Pledge' and will continue to uphold this commitment.
I read a 'tweet' on twitter by 1nationundermom that resonated with me today, as I hope it does with you:
'Is it LOVE to prioritize owning a big house and a fancy car over having a fridge stocked with safe food and a house full of safe products?'
Whats your definition of love?
'Out of the suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.' - Kahlil Gibran"
|My son, La Jolla CA August 2010|
|February 2004, Not much bigger than the ballpoint pen on his back 1lb 11 oz|
Sickness is the vengeance of nature for the violation of her laws. ~Charles Simmons